Wondering how to grow your audience quickly online? Using online giveaways and contests is a proven method for doing just that.
In this episode, Gleam.io co-founder John Sherwood shares how he built his startup, as well as some practical tips and insights into what works and doesn’t work when it comes to running giveaways and contests online.
We also talk to John about how he prevents burnout, and how he and his co-founder met and built a 7-figure business online together.
Gleam.io is a key partner in our podcast launch giveaway. To participate in our $5K epic entrepreneur growth giveaway click here.
Listen in now.
Key Takeaways From This Episode:
- Common mistakes that businesses make when trying to run viral contests that end up in failure (and how you can avoid it).
- Why building up FB likes and shares is not a great contest strategy.
- Examples of prizes that work best when planning your contest campaign.
- How John met his co-founder, and how they were able to build a 7-figure business together.
- Why John and the Gleam.io team don’t do meetings (at all)!
- John’s best tip for avoiding burnout when bootstrapping your startup.
Apple | Stitcher | Tunein | RSS
A-Ha! Quotes from This Episode:
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Gleam.io – Marketing apps designed to help you grow your Business, Email List, E-commerce Store, SaaS Business.
- Gleam.io are hiring! – Join the team.
- Streaks app – The to-do list that helps you form good habits.
- Podcast Giveaway: Win 1-year access to the entire Gleam.io Pro Plan product suite (competitions, rewards, lead capture, galleries) ($948 value) (There’s over $5,000 worth of tools and resources up for grabs!)
- Read our free guide to developing financial intimacy with your spouse and take control of your finances as a couple (click image below).
Click here to view the full transcript
Anf: Alrighty, to celebrate the launch of this podcast, we’re running an iTunes and Stitcher contest. Leading up to the first 10 episodes of our show. one lucky winner is going to get an invite to become a founding member of our founders connect in a circle mastermind group which is normally worth 840 USD per year to join. We’re also going to give one lucky winner a 30 minute marketing blasts of consulting call with myself or a 30 minute ideal relationship coaching call with Cindy. We normally charge $500 per session, so definitely worth it. You can also win user licenses to a couple of our favorite online marketing tools. Thanks to our awesome contest partners, we will announce the winners on episode 11. So if you’d like to become a founding member of our founders connect in a circle or get some marketing or Relationship Coaching. Head on over to founders connect.co/win to enter now.
Cindy & Anf: Welcome to founders Connect podcast. We help lifestyle entrepreneurs to grow their business online and create a happier marriage.
Did you know that approximately 45% of marriages end up in divorce and 65% of all startups fail due to founder conflicts? We’re here to change that.
Each week, we bring you an inspiring guest and practical tips to help you with business, relationships and sustainable living. Now let the fun begin.
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Leave a review on iTunes or let us know in the comments!